Sunday, January 16, 2011

On your mark, get set, go!

 Well I’m almost all packed.  I have a couple of shirts and a few more pair of SMART WOOL socks to get into my backpack as soon as they are out of the drier.   I actually have a little extra space left.  Not too bad since electronics like the SPOT, my new helmet camera, GPS, and a 50-200 mm zoom lens, two reels and two fly boxes are in the pack.   Not too bad considering I’m going to be gone for about 5 weeks. 

I learned from my son’s bad luck not to pack valuables in checked luggage.  He put his MacBook in a checked bag on a trip back from Prague and it wasn’t there when he got to the States.   My checked bag – one that has been with me on almost every trip since I purchased it in New Zealand 20+ years ago – has most of my fishing equipment in it.  Most is the important word.  Between my large carry on back pack and my smaller under the seat bag I have two reels, a couple of fly boxes, a 4 pack of leaders and two spools of tippet.  Strapped to the side of the pack I have my rods.   I ware wadding sandals on the plane.  Traveling this way, even if my checked bag is late for one of my connections I still have the necessities to have a good trip.

I’m still trying to figure out how to upload video I take with the helmet camera to the blog.  My two different attempts have been unsuccessful. Our hostess Veronica’s son Bruno is a computer techno guy so hopefully he will be able to help this electronic dwarf figure things out.  Photos I can do! 

Let me know what you want to hear about and what sights you would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment