Sunday, April 18, 2010

Will the Volcano Keep Us Home

We I've made it as far as Andover, NH. I'm not sure about the rest of the trip! The Icelandic volcano may have us stuck here for a bit. We will see tomorrow what happens. Could be worse. Gram is teaching my son's girlfriend how to making cookies this afternoon.

Trip here on the 12th was uneventful. Weather was nice - in the low to mid 50's with sun. I got a little fishing in on Hameshop Brook. Just two small Brookies. Then things changed. Woke up Wednesday morning to SNOW. Not much but still an inch or so on the ground. Until today, highs have been in the low to mid 30's.

Friday, my son's Ethan and Dan, Dan's girlfriend Ciara, my partner Kathy and I took "Gram" to her favorite restaurant Newick’s in Portsmouth for her 90th birthday lunch. At 90 Gram is still a little imp and taunted me with slowly eating her broiled scallops and teasing me with them before finally letting me finish her lunch.

Yesterday (Saturday) we had some more snow. Most of it was at higher elevations. Dan and I when up to Mt Kearsarge to see how much snow had fallen. Just a couple more inches. But it is the middle of April! In the afternoon we had Gram’s Birthday party at Blue Water Farm (http://www.bluewaterfarm.net) just up the hill on Bradley Lake where we would swim when I was a boy. It was so special to be able to bring my family “home” for Gram’s birthday.

So far I’ve checked in from Mom’s yard, Newick’s in Portsmouth, Mt Kearsarge, and Bradley Lake. I sure hope I can check in on Tuesday from Prague! I’ll send some pictures of the festivities of Gram’s B’day as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment